Blood Donation Guide
How does it work?
Once you submit the form, we will look for the match in our database. If we find a match, then we will share their contact details with you.
Criteria for blood donor
- Overall health- The donor must be fit and healthy, and should not be suffering from transmittable diseases.
- Age and weight- The donor must be 18–65 years old and should weigh a minimum of 50 kg.
- Shouldn’t be vaccinated in the last 14 days.
- Pulse rate– Between 50 and 100 without irregularities.
- Hemoglobin level- A minimum of 12.5 g/dL.
- Blood pressure– Diastolic: 50–100 mm Hg, Systolic: 100–180 mm Hg.
- Body temperature– Should be normal, with an oral temperature not exceeding 37.5 °C.
- The time period between successive blood donations should be more than 3 months.
Individuals under certain conditions are deemed ineligible to donate blood:
- A person who has been tested HIV positive.
- Individuals suffering from ailments like cardiac arrest, hypertension, blood pressure, cancer, epilepsy, kidney ailments and diabetes.
- A person who has undergone ear/body piercing or tattoo in the past 6 months.
- Individuals who have undergone immunization in the past 1 month.
- Individuals treated for rabies or received Hepatitis B vaccine in the past 6 months.
- A person who has consumed alcohol in the past 24 hours.
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Individuals who have undergone major dental procedures or general surgeries in the past 1 month.
- Women who have had miscarriage in the past 6 months.
- Individuals who have had fits, tuberculosis, allergic disorders in the past.
- Individuals who currently have asthma with active symptoms, and severe asthma patients.
Terms & Conditions:
By submitting this form, you agree that your contact details will be shared with donors.
Benefits of Blood Donation:
Read this article on Blood Donation.