How to monitor yourself at Home?
Guidelines for home Quarantine
Follow these rules strictly for the safety of yourself and your family.
- Do health checks every morning and every night or anytime you feel like you might have a fever.
- Take your temperature with a thermometer. In case of dependent patients, caregivers can monitor the temperature with appropriate PPE. Use a mask and gloves and wash your hands thoroughly before and after checking temperature.
- Check your pulse rate daily twice for one minute. For checking your pulse, place your index (first finger) and middle fingers on the wrist, at the base of thumb. Using a clock or watch that counts seconds, count how many beats you feel in a minute, or count them over 30 seconds and multiply the number by 2 to calculate number of beats per minute. Maintain a health register/ patient log and write down your body temperature, pulse rate and any other symptoms daily along with time. These readings should be then be shared with the health team who will be calling you daily.
- If your body temperature exceeds 100°F (37.8°C) or your pulse rate exceeds 100 beats per minute, immediately contact the helpline numbers 104 or 1075 or +91-11-23978046
- In addition to fever, be alert for other symptoms (given below) of Corona which could indicate that the patient needs medical attention.
- Difficulty in breathing,
- Persistent pain/pressure in the chest
- Mental confusion
- Developing bluish discolourations of lips/face
In case of early warning signs or if the symptoms increase, please contact your healthcare worker immediately.